Flip or Flop, Property Brothers, Fixer Upper, the list of popular house-flipping TV shows abound. This is true because the house flipper market is growing by leaps and bounds.
Even if you haven’t been watching home improvement shows, you certainly have heard the term house flipping everywhere in the past few years.
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, even Linked, are flooded with before and afters, tales of flips gone good or bad, and people want to learn more about it.
House flippers have cracked the code to gather a large audience and engaging people across the world. House Flippers everywhere have gotten our attention, and clients and buyers are buying in.
Smart businesses can easily emulate the top house flipper marketing tips to boost their own efforts!
We cracked the code of the 3 house flipper marketing tricks to get more business, and what you need to do to start getting the social media attention your pages deserve!
House Flipper Marketing Tip 1: Optimizing Your Pages
With new social media channels thriving and dying, it might be hard to know which profile is right for you and your business.
No Matter your preferred social media channel you can make easy tweaks to optimize your page to get more likes and followers today.
Make Business Pages
If you haven’t already made company pages on your social media channel you need to now!
Making the most of your page is a necessity to make a splash in social media.
Business pages make it easier to share, advertise, and get insights on all your social media activity.
You should have a business page for the following social media channels, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Once you have the basics up and running you can use the next house flipper tip to make the most of your channels.
Using the Right Images
House Flippers know how to tell a story with their images, and optimizing their page is by using the right images.
Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook all have cover and profile images. All these channels have different ideal sizes for their images and call to action buttons are in different places.
House flippers take advantage of this valuable real estate by making engaging images and cover videos. A cover video is a great way to get people’s attention and for house flipper, creating a highlight real of your flips is a must!
Create engaging cover images, and videos of all sizes for your social media channels using headshots, logos, and a clear offer of why people should work with you.
Canva is a great tool for making cover photos and logos for all of your pages quickly and easily!
Once you have optimized your social media channels with highing engaging images and videos you can start posting content!
House Flipper Marketing Tip 2: Professional And Personal Content
The easiest way house flippers capture their audience is to tell engaging stories throughout their content.
How do house flippers tell professional and personal stories that make people want to listen?
Social media for businesses means embracing the personal and professional sides of your business.
From current projects, finished projects and happy buyers or sellers! Posting content shows a sales cycle in full swing and is exciting to keep checking in on.
Some Examples Of Professional Content:
1. Just Listed Photos
2. Just Sold Homes
3. 1st-time buyer photos
4. Detail photos of a property
5. Real estate trends (farm sinks, and shiplap to get people engaged)
6. Open Houses
While house flippers know how to promote their business through their professional content, they also know that combining the professional content with the personal.
Marketing is all about telling stories, and sharing the personal stories of your business, and behind your business is captivating.
House flippers know that combining these personal stories along with their professional content makes for a fuller and more complete story instead of stale sale pitches.
House flippers show the behind the scenes of their operations, and sneak peeks into their daily life. Something which potential clients of fellow real estate investors find fascinating.
Some Examples Of Personal Content
1. Photos of the office, coworkers, and clients
2. Client buying homes
3. Behind the scenes photos of fixing properties, flipping properties, staging or property photos
4. Pictures of pets
After getting the right mix of personal and professional content on your highly optimized pages, the next step to house flipping marketing is taking a leap of faith.
In the world of house flipping, playing it safe just isn’t an option.
From questionable properties, renovations, and their social media, risk-taking is embedded deep in the house flippers code.
Successful hard money lenders and house flippers all share one thing in common. They know how to take risks.
Flippers that play it safe will never see the same type of returns than those who try new things. Mixing it up, and going all-in on the next new thing is what separates the hobbyist from the professional.
So how are house flippers taking a risk in their social media?
With new channels, new technology! Any way that they can boost their audience house flippers dives in.
- Stories: Facebook and Instagram live have made it easier for brands to stay on top using stories. Post interesting updates here, or behind the scenes work to get people more engaged with you and the team behind the business.
- Virtual tours: Videos, Photos, or even just panoramic photographs can make for more compelling content that your audience can engage with.
- Drones: Aerial footage and 365 tours have never been easy. You can easily get one of a kind photos with drones, perfect for house flipping trying to show an entirely new space they have rehabbed.
- Facebook Live: perfect for business wanting to start an easy podcast and directly engage with their audience.
- Snapchat: The perfect channel for personal content, sneak peeks, and a way to stay connected to a younger audience!
The way house flippers say ahead of the rest, is by keeping their eyes and ears open to the next big thing, and being one of the first people using it.
House flipping isn’t easy, in fact-finding flip loans, buyers, contractors, and properties can be extremely difficult.
House flippers make it easier for themselves to do business by marketing themselves all over social media.
With more brand awareness and a large network, they can quickly find the right people to work with, buy, and help them flip more houses.
You can make social media work for you by doing the following:
- Optimizing Your Pages: Having business pages for the top networks, and the right images on each of those pages will make it easier for potential buyers to find and work with you.
- Professional And Personal Content: Always tell engaging stories through your content, and mix the personal and professional to get higher engagement and more energized clients.
- Take Risks: Don’t let your content grow stale and always be listening and waiting for the next big thing. It may be using Facebook stories, or even going live! Changing up your content and offering something that no one else does will keep people’s attention.
What marketing tip would you add to this list?
Catherine Way graduated from Michigan State University with her Bachelor’s of Advertising with a specialization in Graphic Design. She is a freelance content creator and marketer for many facets of real estate, including commercial, residential, and mortgage industries. Currently, she writes for Prime Plus Mortgages – Hard Money Loans