While that is somewhat true, the fact of the matter is that you need to ask the right questions if you want to get the right answers – and that is far from easy. The type of questions that you ask, their content, and how you ask them will all play a role in that.
On the surface it may seem easy to create online surveys, and people often assume that all they need to do is string together a series of questions.
Tips to Ask the Right Questions
If you want to create an online survey that asks the right questions, there are a few tips that you should follow:
- Define the goal of the survey right from the start. All your questions should be based on helping you to fulfill that goal, and you should get rid of any that aren’t to make your survey shorter and easier to fill out.
- Don’t ask leading questions that impose your own opinion of what the answer should be.
Ideallyall your questions should be neutral and unbiased.
- Mix in some open-ended questions – but not too many or respondents will choose not to answer the survey. Open-ended questions to invite respondents to expand
ontheirthoughts, but should be restricted to one or two per survey.
- Use mostly multiple-choice questions as they are easier to fill out and help provide a defined set of responses. The only exception should be for open-ended questions or questions that have too many options.
- Make sure any answer choices are balanced to avoid bias from being injected into the answers.
- Avoid double-barreled questions that have more than one question embedded
inthem. It will skew the responses that you obtain and will make the data lessvaluable.
- Only usesimple and direct language throughout the survey. In particular you shouldavoid any technical jargon that may be confusing, or words that may have multiple meanings.
If you make use of all those tips, you should definitely be able to structure the right questions – and your survey will produce far more effective data.
How to Create a Survey Easily
Once you decide on the questions that you want to ask, you can create a survey easily using AidaForm. It is an intuitive platform that will let you quickly put together online forms of any kind – including surveys, simple polls, and much more.
To use AidaForm as an online poll maker you should first sign up for a free account. After you do you can start creating the survey or poll in just a few simple steps:
- Select a template that is close to the poll that you want to create or choose to start from scratch with the blank template.
- Add the fields you require in the form of blocks that you can drag and drop into place. In AidaForm there are many different types of elements that you can add including multiple-choice questions, lists, radio buttons, ratings, and more.
- Customize each element if you want to and edit the label, hint, error message or data validation.
- Apply a theme by choosing one of the options in AidaForm’s Form Designer, and customize its font and colors.
- Publish the form either by using the automatically-generated embed code that AidaForm provides or with the direct link that is also available. If you want to publish your survey on social media or other platforms – the link may be more suitable.
As you can see none of the steps are particularly complicated, and by the time you’re done you should have a custom survey that asks all the right questions. As responses start to be sent AidaForm will notify you via email, and you can check the data that has been gathered within its web interface.
Make no mistake there are lots of other features in AidaFormalong with integrations with various other platforms that you can explore. If you haven’t already signed up for a free account that should be your first step– and you can then experiment with it and see how easy it is to create a survey using it for yourself.