We all have those times in our life when we may feel less motivated.
The truth is, motivation is intrinsically connected with success and change, therefore, it is essential to get rid of this lack of motivation as soon as possible.
I have put together a short list of tips on how you can get through this lack of motivation and jumpstart your way to change.
Whether your lack of motivation is regarding your career, your family, or your personal goals, these tips can be applied to any of these aspects of life.
So, without any further ado, here are some tips on how to improve your life and stay motivated:
#1. Know what you want
The first step in getting your life and your motivation back on track is by knowing what you want from life.
There’s a common philosophy shared by several public speakers and professional life coaches that defend that what we think and believe will bring into being what appears in our lives.
If all you focus on is what you don’t have, then you will perpetuate your lack and your unhappiness.
This line of thought is also connected with fear-based negativity. Who is to say you can’t achieve your highest goals? Knowing what you want is one of the biggest keys in deciding what path your life should follow, and which would lead to hopelessness, anger, and resentment.
If you want to change, choose to think more positively and powerfully about what your potential and what your future can hold. At the same time, remember that the past is a reflection of what you thought and believed and how you acted in the past.
By changing your thoughts and beliefs so that they are in alignment with your goals and visions, you will have greater power to affect positive changes in your life.
#2. Find various sources of inspiration
Another key tip to stay motivated is to find what inspires you!
What made you follow your current path in the first place? And, perhaps, more importantly, what would inspire you to change?
There are some ways how you can find inspiration, such as:
- Writing everything down: Good ideas, bad ideas, random anecdotes, dreams, everything. Putting your thoughts on paper makes it easier to go back and learn a little bit about what interests you.
- Reading: The big majority of successful entrepreneur reads while they’re not working. By reading books and blogs covering subjects outside your industry, you can find new interests and acquire new knowledge that could inspire you.
- Attending motivational seminars: Sometimes you need to hang out in a positive and supportive environment to feel motivated. An example of seminars you can attend is Tony Robbins’ seminars. You will surround yourself with amazing people and create life-changing breakthroughs.
- Find New Surroundings: The physical space around you can have a surprising impact on your thought processes. Spending time brainstorming away from the desk can be surprisingly productive!
- Traveling: Traveling is an excellent way to get inspiration from seeing new ways of doing things or discovering needs and niches you didn’t know existed. Traveling is the ultimate learning experience! And nowadays you can find reasonable traveling accommodations.
- Get your blood pumping: Occupying your body with a physical exercise can help you stimulate your mind by helping you be more alert and focused. By taking your mind away from stressful thoughts and concentrate on a physical task, you are later more likely to be receptive to new ideas.
#3. Reward yourself
How many times have you started pursuing a hard or long goal and simply lacked the motivation to achieve it?
Well, one reason most people struggle with maintaining their motivation throughout the goal-achieving process is that it can be quite difficult to stay consistent when immediate results can’t be seen following behavior changes. Luckily, there is a simple yet effective way to stick with your habits, goals, and tasks, and keep your motivation levels high:
Reward yourself whenever you reach an important milestone or achieve a big goal.
By having something to look forward to, it’s easier to stick with a new habit when you’re feeling a lack of motivation.
An important point here is that any reward you choose shouldn’t derail your goals or habits. For example, if you’re focusing on weight loss, don’t pick a food reward since this reward fully defeats the purpose of your accomplishment.
#4. Always keep your goal in mind
The last tip in this article is quite simple to follow and brings about great results! By finding easy ways to keep your goal always in your mind, you are more likely to take on the required steps to achieve your goal.
And although there are several ways to follow this tip, we have put together some of the easiest ways to keep your goal in mind:
- Vision board: Cut out and arrange words and images that are visual reminders of what you’re trying to achieve and then stick them up somewhere you can see every day. This is a cheap solution that takes only a few hours of your time to prepare.
- Wallpapers and screensavers: Create your own custom wallpaper so every time you start up your computer or phone your goals are right there in front of you. You can just write them down, or get more creative and add photos as well.
- Personalized Passwords: You need strong passwords anyway, so why not use your goals for this purpose? Write a concise sentence about what you want to achieve, throw in a few numbers or special characters to denote deadlines or your passion to make it happen, and you have just created your new password/goal reminder.
- Rituals and routines: Every morning read out loud your list of goals. These can be anything from your daily goals all the way to your career goals! Whatever ritual or routine you already have, don’t forget to add reviewing your goals to it.
- Accountability buddies: Share your goals with your friends and family. By sharing goals and deadlines with those who care about you, and forming a “coalition” who checks in with each other regularly, you are more likely to stay on track!
Those are our tips to stay motivated. Hope you’ll find this article helpful.